Forgotten Realms - The Northlands and Beyond
Longsaddle is a village on the Long Road and, as of 1368 DR, marketplace of around 1,000 or so people from the surrounding countryside. Founded in 1042 DR by Shardra Harpell, an escaped Calishite slave it is situated east of the Crags and west of the Evermoors, surrounding the magical home of the Harpell family. Longsaddle is famous for the presence of the peculiar wizards who are famous for their eccentric and often dangerous manner of spell-casting. The Blue Sigil mercenary company is located in nearby Mog’s Keep.
In 1376 DR two separate sects of the Malarite faith wanted to set up churches by the waterfront of a magically-created lake. The two churches immediately began fighting each other and the Harpells had to step in. Unfortunately, they couldn’t get rid of them so instead they imposed a severe punishment on the more dangerous individuals: transmuting them permanently into harmless rabbits.